“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.” – John Ruskin
Testing the product, as well as project, requires a common skill set. Moreover, additional niche skills like attention to detail and diligence are required for product testing.
First, we have to understand what a product is? A product is a ready-to-use solution, built in-house by an organization to caters the needs of the target audience. The product serves various customer needs and implements new enhancements based on the marketing trends, and product teams need to have regular release cycles.
Challenges in Product Testing
Testers encounter few of the following challenges in Product Testing.
- Understanding Product Requirements
- Setting Right Process
- Lack of proper communication
- Lack of resources
- Test Coverage
Enhancing Product Testing Skills
To overcome these challenges, the QA team/testers need to enhance their product testing skills. For improving their product testing skills the steps in the below picture should be followed:
- Collaborate with the product owner and the team to understand product requirements based on end-user perspective.
- Follow the right process to build a test strategy and test plan, testing.
- The product team should be cohesive and all the team members should be on the same page in terms of product goals. This can be achieved by regular/daily stand up meetings.
- Attend client meetings/product demo along with the product owner/support team. This helps to understand customer requirements precisely.
- Test coverage can’t be achieved only by doing manual testing. We have to automate our regression test suites. This helps to decrease the testing time and gives faster delivery.