We are pleased to announce our community that QA Touch is now integrated with Assembla.
Assembla is a SaaS web app used for team collaboration and project management, similar to Atlassian Jira. Assembla is a source code management tool specializing in providing cloud-based version control services for code projects and agile software development. They offer an additional project management tool for those using their cloud repositories.
QA Touch offers seamless integration with Assembla presenting the best way to keep all the bugs posted in the Assembla
- Generate the Assembla API Key and Assembla API Secret
How to Generate Assembla API Key and Assembla API Secret?
- Click “Edit this Profile” or “Profile” menu.
- Click left side menu “API Application & Sessions”.
- Generate register new personal key, Fill the form.
- Enter the description, click the API access checkbox and Repository access checkbox.
The below snapshots shows the steps to access the avatar.
Once we generated the API key, it would be listed below, “Click to show” link to get the secret key. The reference snapshots are below.
Assembla Global Configuration
Here’s the step-by-step guide one should be following for a successful and seamless Assembla Integration with QA Touch:
Administration → Integration Settings Navigation
- Login to QA Touch as an Administrator.
- Click the Administration → Integration Settings.
- Enter the Assembla API Key and Assembla API Secret url.
- Click Submit.
- After a successful configuration, the status becomes connected as shown in the below snapshot.
Mapping Assembla Project to QA Touch Project
Map the respective repository to the QA Touch Project with bugs that are added in the repository.
- Click on Projects → Project Mapping.
- Select an Assembla project and click submit to Map.
Have a look at the below screenshot for your reference.
Snapshot of Messages Posted in Assembla by QA Touch
Any bugs posted in QA Touch will automatically will appear in Assembla. A screengrab of the same is shared below on how messages are posted in Assembla from QA Touch.
We hope this blog helped you to understand the process better of how integration should be done between QA Touch with Assembla.
Register here and be the master of your application testing. Get a chance to use Assembla and many more which we offer.