Live As If You Were To Die Tomorrow. Learn As If You Were To Live Forever. ―Mahatma Gandhi
As mentioned in the quote always being the curious person to learn and enhance my skills. In this blog, going to share my journey to become a Certified Laravel Developer.
How To Apply For Laravel Examination
Initially, you need to register for the exam on the laravel certification website( https://certification.laravel.com/ ). As a result, a voucher needs to be redeemed from the link which will be sent to the registered mail id. After completing your registration process, you would receive a mail with a link for taking the exam. And the mail explains the process flow which you will undergo while taking the exam. There will be also an expiry date for the link. You can have a maximum of two attempts to clear your certification.
Laravel Exam Preparation
At the time of examination, I was having around 2 years of experience working in the Laravel framework. The preparation needs to be taken seriously since the laravel examination covers various different topics from the official documentation. I have experience of working with several different laravel projects, so it was quite easy for me when reading the documentation. According to my view, the prerequisites are practicing the documentation and experience on different projects. While reading the documentation, a small workout on the concept will be more helpful. Because it will help us to think logically for answering the logic type questions.
Below are some of the main topics covered in the examination:
- Middlewares (5%)
- Events (10%)
- Collection Helpers (10%)
- Eloquent relationships (25%)
- Routing (15%)
- Blade Templates (5%)
Note: These are not the only topics that will be asked in the examination. The above topics give you some basics insights about the laravel when reading the documentation.
Notable Points While Taking The Laravel Exam
The exam can be taken only in the Google Chrome browser. The exam can be taken in the Proctor( ProctorExam | Infrastructure for Online Proctoring & Invigilation ) with the link which you have received in the email.
The list of instructions need to be followed below:
- We are not allowed to use other browsers or application windows.
- We must be alone in a well-lit room.
- We are not allowed to wear any earbuds or headphones.
- We should not consult books or other documents.
We will be asked to answer 45 questions in 50 minutes. All questions will be like picking the right option. We are able to skip the questions which can be answered at any time during the exam. The question pattern will belike both logical thinking and theory. But most of the time the question will be logically thinking. So prior hands-on experience is vital for clearing the examination.
After completing the laravel exam, within a few days we will get an e-mail with our results.
- Make a note that the score will be deducted for the wrong answers.
- No need to worry about traveling to exam centers since the exam will be taken online from your place itself. So the only thing we need is a small computer with a stable internet connection.
- We will get a certification in PDF format and our name will be added to the online list of developers which can be verified using the laravel certification link( Directory of Certified Laravel Developers ).
- The exam is, at the date of this article, based on Laravel 5.7.
I would recommend taking the exam and getting certified. It will give confidence as a developer for ourselves and it will showcase our knowledge on the laravel framework to everyone.