A Test management tool integrated with slack makes team collaboration much easier than ever for project teams and keeps them stay updated on every activity in the project.
QA touch offers seamless integration with Slack Cloud providing you with the best way to keep all the messages shared in the Slack collaboration tool. To integrate Slack with QA touch we have to do the below steps:
- Generate the Legacy Token API Key of Slack.
- Configure API Key of Slack and the channel details.
- Configure Slack Message Settings.
How to Generate Legacy Token API Key?
Generate the Slack API key from here and map the Slack URL and API key in QA touch.
Configuring Global Slack Settings
To reach the Integration page, go to Administration in the left navigation panel and click Integration Settings.
Here’s a step-by-step guide you should follow for successful Slack Integration.
- Login to QA touch as an Administrator.
- Click the Administration → Integration Settings
- Enter Slack URL. (eg: https://example.slack.com/)
- Enter the generated API Key.
- Click Update.
- After successful configuration, the status becomes connected as shown in the below:
Configure Slack Message Settings
Click the Settings button and the Popup opens with a list of modules and actions which need to be notified in slack messages. Please see the below snapshot for your reference.
Mapping Slack Channel to Project
Map the respective channel to the QA Touch Project to receive project specific notifications.
- Click on Projects → Integration.
- Select a slack channel and click submit to Map.
- Click the Test Connection to trigger a sample QA Touch message.
Please see the below screenshot for your reference.
Snapshot of Messages Posted in Slack by QA touch
After Successful integration, QA touch automatically posts messages on slack for each action in the project. Snapshot shared below shows how messages are posted in slack by QA touch.
Hope these recent feature updates are useful. Many more important New Feature updates are in the pipeline and do stay subscribed to get notified.