We are pleased to announce our community that QA Touch is now integrated with Redmine.
Redmine is a free and open-source, web-based project management and issue tracking tool. Redmine is a flexible project management web application.
The steps to integrate with Redmine are as follows:
- Configuring the Redmine Credential in QA Touch.
- Mapping the Redmine Project Integration menu in QA Touch
Configuring the Redmine Credential in QA Touch
How to Generate Permanent Token in Redmine?
The steps are below to create a permanent token:
- Click the Administration in the top section.
- Click the Settings link.
- Select the API tab.
- Enable Rest Web Service and JSON Support.
- The final step, Click the MyAccount link, Right side section “API Access Key”, Click the Show link see the access key.
The below snapshots show the steps to access the avatar.
The API Access key is generated.
Redmine Global Configuration
Here’s the step-by-step guide one should be following for a successful and seamless Redmine Integration with QA Touch:
- Login to QA Touch as an Administrator.
- Click the Administration → Integration Settings.
- Enter Redmine Username, URL and Permanent Token
- Click the Submit button.
- After a successful configuration, the status becomes connected as shown in the below snapshot.
Administration → Integration Setting Navigation
Administration -> Integration Settings
After successful configuration, the status becomes connected
Mapping Redmine Repository to Project
Map the respective repository to the QA Touch Project with bugs that are added in the repository.
- Click on any Projects → Project Integration Mapping.
- Select a Redmine Projects and click submit to Map
Have a look at the below screenshot for your reference.
Add Issue From QA Touch. Once we create an issue it will be automatically synced with the Redmine Integrated project.
Snapshot of Messages Posted in Redmine by QA Touch
Any bugs posted in QA Touch will automatically be redirected to the Redmine Issues tab after successful integration. A screengrab of the same is shared below on how messages are posted in Redmine by QA Touch
We hope this blog helped you to understand the process better of how integration should be done between QA Touch with Redmine.
Integration Work Flow
This integration is just the beginning of a lot more platforms which we are planning to collaborate within the near future to make testing accessible for all.
Register here and be the master of your application testing. Get a chance to use Redmine integration and many more which we offer.