Been wondering How to integrate Jira Cloud & QA Touch?
QA Touch offers seamless integration with Jira Cloud providing you the best way to keep track of issues and bugs. QA touch allows you to enter the issues that can be added as a ticket in Jira.
You’ve got the option to integrate with Jira byConfiguring Jira Cloud in QA touch.
Configuring Jira Cloud in QA Touch
Accessing Site Settings Configuration
To reach the Integration page, go to Administration in the left navigation panel and click Site Settings.
In the result page, we have to configure the details for Jira integration. A screenshot of ‘Jira Integration’ page is shown below. Once the details are furnished, you can map the project and post issues into Jira.
Here’s a step-by-step guide you need to follow for successful QA Touch – Jira Integration
- Login to QA Touch as an Administrator.
- Click the Administration → Integration Settings → Jira Settings.
- Enter the Jira Cloud URL.
- Enter the username & password.
- Click Update.
- After saving the settings, we have to configure the Jira project and map the QA touch project.
- After successful settings configuration, the screen looks like the screenshot shared below.
9. Next step is the critical one, which will do mapping QA Touch project and Jira Project. It can be done by accessing the left navigation menu Projects → Project Name → Integrations. The below screenshot refer this.
10. The below snapshot will be shown after the configuration of the Jira project.
11. Go to the configured QA touch project’s test run, click Add Result.
12. In the popup, click Create Issue in Jira.
13. Enter Issue summary and description, select the priority and assignee, and click Save
14. Later, the issue will be created in Jira under the project which has been configured in the integration.
15. Creating an issue or linking test result with Jira issues will save all the test result details like issue summary, issue description and attachments in Jira and QA Touch.
16. Whenever an issue status in Jira linked with QA Touch got updated, the result will be pulled and updated in QA Touch.
17. These status updates can be viewed under the Jira issues section in Test Run details page.
The noteworthy point here is the issues created through Jira are not associated with QA touch inbuilt issue tracker.